ACCOUNT DIRECTOR (REMOTE)
Motive is an agency and creative studio focusing on the development of integrated creative platforms and executional programs. We’re a collective of deep thinkers, artistic mavens, executional top guns and cultural connoisseurs. We are focused on creating relationships through deep levels of engagement between brands and their consumers – relationships that translate into tangible results for our clients. And we do it with sharp creative, across a range of tactical channels.
As pioneers in the area of content, digital consumer engagement, and innovative experiential programs, and award winners in the areas of TV, event, digital and social - Motive has created an environment where team members are given an opportunity to stretch and flex their creative and executional muscles daily. We are a team of hard-working, fast-moving, energetic, passionate, driven, straight-talking creative thinkers. We like being challenged and we love the collaboration necessary to succeed.
If this sounds like a place you would thrive, let’s make something happen.
The Account Director is responsible for the management, growth and overall health of client relationships. As a senior point of contact, the Director coordinates the resources needed to service projects, builds strategic marketing plans and balances the expectations of clients with the execution of creative work. The Director works in tight collaboration with the agency’s internal teams (creative, digital, experiential, content) as well as interface with clients, vendors and partner agencies and is an integral player and evangelist, ensuring that the work we provide to our clients is of outstanding quality and results-driven. This is a remote position based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage and lead the agency’s day-to-day efforts with key client relationships and accounts.
- Concept, strategically plan and oversee execution of experiential programs.
- Strategically advise clients and develop ideas and solutions that achieve business, marketing and engagement objectives.
- Translate client assignments into meaningful briefs for the creative teams and effectively balance dual expectations of clients and the agency.
- Promote the expansion of business with existing clients.
- Work with art directors, copywriters, developers and other internal teams to ideate and develop concepts for projects and accounts.
- Multi-task and get the work done effectively and efficiently—on time, within project budgets and exceeding expectations.
- Manage a variety of workstreams including traditional, digital, social, experiential and promotional projects, including creation of timelines, teams and budgets.
- Effectively assign, delegate, coordinate and monitor the work of agency staff members assigned to client projects.
- Effectively and regularly communicate with internal team members and clients
- Ensure all projects remain within outlined and agreed to budget parameters.
- Participate in and/or lead big idea thinking sessions for the agency.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, assigned client’s business, products, industry and competitive landscape.
- Effectively present strategic and creative platforms to internal and external audiences.
- A minimum of 8+ years of integrated advertising agency experience managing traditional, digital, social, retail, content, experiential and promotional projects.
- Expertise in concepting, planning and overseeing experiential programs.
- Experience working on CPG accounts required, beverage accounts a plus.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team.
- Experience creating and managing budgets for projects covering all of the above.
- A thorough understanding of the agency process and agency/client relationship model.
- Willing to work long hours, weekends and travel as needed.
- Passion for the business.
- A strong ‘self-starter’ mentality and sense of responsibility.
- A positive, upbeat attitude!
- Desire to do the best work of your career.
- Experience in Workamajig project management software is a plus.
- This is a remote position.