Cultural Innovation Intern – Motive (New York Office)
Motive is an agency and creative studio focusing on the development of integrated creative platforms and executional programs. We’re a collective of deep thinkers, artistic mavens, executional top guns and cultural connoisseurs. We are focused on creating relationships through deep levels of engagement between brands and their consumers – relationships that translate into tangible results for our clients. And we do it with sharp creative, across a range of channels.
As pioneers in the area of content, digital consumer engagement, and innovative experiential programs, and award winners in the areas of TV, event, digital and social - Motive has created an environment where team members are given an opportunity to stretch and flex their creative and executional muscles daily. We are a team of hard-working, fast-moving, energetic, passionate, driven, straight-talking creative thinkers. We like being challenged and we love the collaboration necessary to succeed.
About the Role
Motive is looking to grow a culture-centric team in the Motive New York office that has its ears to the ground in the worlds of music, style, food, travel, social causes and more. The team is looking for an organized, attentive, culturally astute intern to work closely with this small, collaborative team across a variety of client accounts.
As a Cultural Innovation intern at Motive, you will be tasked with strategically and creatively participating in new briefs and project requests, as well as helping to support the different day-to-day responsibilities of the teams on our cultural + lifestyle accounts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to learn the fundamentals of marketing and advertising in a fast-paced, growing, creative agency; receive mentoring from accomplished, veteran marketing professionals; and apply your adeptness directly to key projects for brands that contribute to moving culture forward.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support the Cultural Innovation + Strategy department with all daily activities and responsibilities including strategic thinking, consumer/cultural insights, presentation preparation, and project management
- Be knowledgeable of relevant cultural movements, trends and behaviors domestically and globally
- Conduct research and competitive analysis as it relates to client accounts and individual projects
- Attend client and internal meetings, taking notes and writing conference reports
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute creative ideas
- Assist with both internal and external communications
- Motive is looking to grow a culture-centric team in the Motive New York office that has its ears to the ground in the worlds of music, style, food, travel, social causes and more. The team is looking for an organized, attentive, culturally astute intern to work closely with this small, collaborative team across a variety of client accounts.
- Students who are detail-oriented, resourceful, and thrive on challenges should apply. Candidates must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and have an affinity for all things cultural.
- Reliable transportation to the office in the Flatiron area of Manhattan
- Currently majoring in a Marketing or Communications related field or seriously interested in a career in Cultural + Lifestyle Marketing
- Results-oriented, forward-thinking, confident undergrad
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Office
- Enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced, creative, and collaborative environment
- Preferred age 21 or over (due to potential work on an alcohol client)
- What publications or blogs do you currently read?
- What are 5 songs in your favorite playlist right now?
- What’s your definition of culture and what does it mean to you?
- What cause or causes are you currently connected to or following and why?
- If you could travel one place in the world for free, where would you go and why?