Motive is a 21st-Century agency and creative studio operating at the speed of culture. We’re driven to create smart, targeted creative platforms and programs that deeply engage today’s audience. We’re a collective of deep thinkers, creative makers, cultural connoisseurs, and executional aces. We create meaningful engagements between brands and their consumers, cultivating relationships that drive tangible results for our clients. And we do it with sharp strategy and powerful creative, and by aligning with consumer behaviors across all the media and touchpoints key to their lives and to our client’s success.
As pioneers in the area of content, digital consumer engagement, and innovative experiential programs, and award winners in the areas of TV, event, digital and social, Motive has created an environment where team members are given an opportunity to stretch and flex their creative and strategic muscles daily. We are a team of hard-working, fast-moving, energetic, passionate, and driven creative thinkers. We like being challenged and we are drawn to the collaboration necessary to succeed.
If this sounds like a place you would thrive, let’s make something happen.
Cultural Strategist Role: What makes you a great strategist?
- You are in culture. You are a maker within culture and an engine of the change that never stops driving culture. You love analyzing culture and understanding its patterns, but you never view culture from afar.
- For Motive, you will be more than the voice of the consumer, more than the voice of culture. You will have your own voice, your own POV, and you will seize the opportunity to develop it and express it with force, with relevance, and with insight.
- You think dynamically about the behaviors of a brand in today’s world, and can adopt the perspective of diverse target audiences to help steward, influence, and inform those behaviors.
- You connect insight to idea. Turn pop culture trends into specific strategic opportunity.
- Data and information into brand behavior. Disparate multicultural signals into a clear strategic path forward.
- You inspire, guide, and lobby for the right idea – for the brand, for the business, and for the humans at the center of everything we do.
- You will harness intuition, incisive cultural analysis, and relevant data to develop compelling strategies and inspiring creative briefs for our clients.
Key areas for you to excel
- You will be responsible for the consumer relevance of the brand and campaign
- communication strategies that inform creative, providing the insights and truths that
- inspire great work.
- You must love writing a clear, succinct product brief, but you are always able to jump in
- to solve an overarching brand challenge.
- You understand a large worldview and culture dynamics, but you can quickly get to the
- You are collaborative above all else, and can operate in real time, quick, lean, and smat.
- You’re responsible for generating strategies that are rigorous and smart, yet wholly
- You deeply understand our brand's consumer, commercial & cultural contexts.
- You will work with art directors, copywriters, developers and other internal teams to
- ideate and develop concepts for projects and accounts.
- You have the confidence and charisma to present research, insights, and strategy in
- client and new business meetings in compelling ways.
- A minimum of 6+ years of work experience in strategic role
- Passion for creativity, advertising and innovation.
- Strong managerial and team building skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize for self and others.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a great attention to detail.
- Willing to work hours as required by workload, sometimes including weekends, plus
- ability to travel as needed.
- A strong ‘self-starter’ mentality and sense of responsibility.
- A positive, upbeat attitude!
- Desire to do the best work of your career.
Motive is an equal opportunity employer! We believe that a diverse team makes us stronger and
Motive recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as
required by applicable law.
Motive has a clear vision: to be a creative leader where a diverse mix of talented people want to
come, to stay and do their best work. We know our company succeeds by the hard work and
dedication of our passionate and creative employees.