Motive is an agency and creative studio focusing on the development of integrated creative platforms and executional programs. We’re a collective of deep thinkers, artistic mavens, executional top guns and cultural connoisseurs. We are focused on creating relationships through deep levels of engagement between brands and their consumers – relationships that translate into tangible results for our clients. And we do it with sharp creative, across a range of tactical channels.
As pioneers in the area of content, digital consumer engagement, and innovative experiential programs, and award winners in the areas of TV, event, digital and social - Motive has created an environment where team members are given an opportunity to stretch and flex their creative and executional muscles daily. We are a team of hard-working, fast-moving, energetic, passionate, driven, straight-talking creative thinkers. We like being challenged and we love the collaboration necessary to succeed.
If this sounds like a place you would thrive, let’s make something happen.
The Production Manager works directly with account and/or clients/vendors to manage art and production projects and ensure timely delivery, flawless quality and budgetary considerations. Touching on print, promotional products, freelance resource management and all production specs and guidelines.
- Helps manage and supports the production department in communication, problem solving and research – projects may include print, promotional materials / items, badging, signage and more
- Maintains and strengthens business to business relationships with vendors
- Analyzes project estimates and specifications for correctness to create clear purchase orders for projects
- Actively seeks ways to decrease costs and keep projects on budget
- Manages vendor production flow and proofing process
- Find custom solutions for specialty builds
- Troubleshoots issues and offers knowledgeable solutions
- Manages freelancer database, schedules and contracts and works with creative team to manage freelance design resources / vendors
- Manages/approves print production schedules, print specifications, and internal budgets
- Oversees requests for bids, customer quotations, and purchase orders for vendors
- Checking the accuracy and viability of the product specification
- Monitoring and maintaining the quality of the order
Skills and Traits:
- Must be organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Must be flexible with the ability to self-manage
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a collaborative, team player with great initiative
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solutions orientated outlook
- Possesses problems solving skills that require "outside-the-box" thinking
- Must be able to work calmly and efficiently under pressure with numerous deadlines
- Efficient multitasking
- Must be extremely detail oriented, have a positive attitude, and strong interpersonal skills
- 5+ years’ experience as an integrated print producer, ideally in an agency environment.
- Strong knowledge of complete production process, from schedules and estimates through delivery and execution results.
- Ability to multi-task and be solution oriented in problem solving.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to guide employees in other departments toward a better understanding of production process.
- Experience producing both traditional print as well promotional materials (such as shirts, badges, signage, packaging, tchotchke, gifts, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Communications or related field preferred
- Excellent communication, organizational and follow through skills
- Must be a collaborative team player with great initiative
- Strong vendor negotiation and relationship building experience a plus
- Proficient in MAC applications
- Experience managing freelance designers highly valuable.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as workload requires.