Integrated Account Director – Motive – (New York)
Motive is an ad agency and creative studio focusing on the development of integrated creative platforms and executional programs. We’re a collective of deep thinkers, artistic mavens, executional top guns and cultural connoisseurs. We are focused on creating relationships through deep levels of engagement between brands and their consumers – relationships that translate into tangible results for our clients. And we do it with sharp creative, across a range of tactical channels.
As pioneers in the area of content, digital consumer engagement, and innovative experiential programs, and award winners in the areas of TV, event, digital and social - Motive has created an environment where team members are given an opportunity to stretch and flex their creative and executional muscles daily. We are a team of hard-working, fast-moving, energetic, passionate, straight-talking creative thinkers. We like being challenged and we love the collaboration necessary to succeed.
If this sounds like a place you would thrive, let’s make something happen.
The Account Director is responsible for the management, growth and overall health of client relationships. As a senior point of contact, the Director coordinates the resources needed to service projects, builds strategic marketing plans and balances the expectations of clients with the execution of creative work. The Director works in tight collaboration with the agency’s internal teams (creative, digital, experiential, content) as well as interface with clients, vendors and partner agencies and is an integral player and evangelist, ensuring that the work we provide to our clients is of outstanding quality and results-driven.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Act as the day-to-day contact for assigned key client relationships and accounts.
- Take a lead role in clients’ marketing and advertising strategies.
- Bring the ability to multi-task and get the work done—on time, within project budgets and exceeding expectations.
- Translate client assignments into meaningful and actionable briefs.
- Manage traditional, digital, social media, experiential and promotional projects and accounts.
- Promote the expansion of business with existing clients.
- Do whatever it takes to get the job done demonstrating the ability to be a proactive solutions oriented thinker.
- Be attentive to the details and doing things right the first time.
- Participate in and/or lead big idea thinking sessions for the agency.
- Work closely with art directors, copywriters, producers and other client services teams to ideate and develop concepts for projects and accounts.
- Manage and foster client relationships and communications in an amicable, professional manner.
- Stay on the bleeding edge of new information regarding key accounts and projects.
- Desire to be a part of something great and drive to hold yourself to a higher standard of performance.
- Passion for the business.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience managing traditional, digital, social media, experiential and promotional projects and accounts.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team.
- Experience creating and managing budgets for projects covering all of the above.
- A thorough understanding of the agency process and agency/client relationship model.
- Experience working on consumer packaged goods, brand launches and integrated campaigns.
- Willing to work long hours, weekends and travel as needed.
- A strong ‘self-starter’ mentality and sense of responsibility.
- Passion for the business.
- Experience with beverage (specifically spirits) brands highly desired.
- A positive, upbeat attitude!
- Experience in Workamajig project management software is a plus.
Motive, New York City